- Die Arbeitswelt befindet sich in einem Wandel. Neue Technologien kommen insbesondere in Produktion, Logistik und Transport zum Einsatz. Daraus ergeben sich neue Handlungsfelder für den Arbeits- […]
- Der Weg für die Novellierung der Klärschlammverordnung (AbfKlärV) ist frei. Eine entsprechende Verordnung (VO) wird voraussichtlich noch im August im Bundesgesetzblatt veröffentlicht. Nach AbfKlärV notifizierte Laboratorien […]
- Die Bauwirtschaft verzeichnet für das Jahr 2016 leicht angestiegene Zahlen bei Arbeitsunfällen. Hintergrund ist die zunehmende Bautätigkeit im Vergleich zum Vorjahr. Konjunktur bereinigte Zahlen zeigen jedoch: […]
ISO 22000:2005 Food Safety Management System
ISO 22000 is a Food Safety Management System that can be applied to any organization in the food chain, farm to fork. Becoming certified to ISO 22000 allows a company to show their customers that they have a food safety management system in place. This provides customer confidence in the product. This is becoming more and more important as customers demand safe food and food processors require that ingredients obtained from their suppliers to be safe.
The Food Supply Chain
As the population increased and became more urbanized, a food supply chain came into being. Between the farmer and the consumer came companies that shipped, stored, and milled grain; bagged, stored, and shipped flour; mixed flour with other ingredients to make dough; baked bread and packaged it; and stored and shipped the bread to market.
Now, people bring their cuisines and their foods with them as they move across boundaries. Production around the world increases, so that many foods are no longer seasonal items. People are generally better informed about their choices and about food safety issues. With the increasing reach and complexity of the food supply chain, food safety becomes a more important issue than ever.
Food Safety is essential requirements for a healthy nation therefore FSMS is the basic requirements of the Healthy Nation, People and for a healthy society Failures in food supply can be dangerous and cost plenty. ISO has developed the ISO 22000 standard for the certification of food safety management systems. The standard is intended to provide security by ensuring that there are no weak links in the food supply chain, and to achieve international harmonization in the field of food safety standards.
TheWhat is ISO 22000 Food Safety Management?
ISO 22000 is a truly international standard suitable for any business in the entire food chain, including inter-related organizations such as producers of equipment, packaging material, cleaning agents, additives and ingredients.
ISO 22000:2005 is also for companies seeking to integrate their quality management system, for example ISO 9001, and their food safety management system.
The standard combines generally recognized key elements to ensure food safety along the food chain, including:
- Interactive communication
- System management
- Control of food safety hazards through pre-requisite programs and HACCP plans
- Continual improvement and updating of the food safety management system
What Are The Benefits Of ISO 22000?
- Introduce internationally recognized processes to your business
- Give suppliers and stakeholders confidence in your hazard controls
- Put these hazard controls in place across your supply chain
- Introduce transparency around accountability and responsibilities
- Continually improve and update your systems so it stays effective