- Die Arbeitswelt befindet sich in einem Wandel. Neue Technologien kommen insbesondere in Produktion, Logistik und Transport zum Einsatz. Daraus ergeben sich neue Handlungsfelder für den Arbeits- […]
- Der Weg für die Novellierung der Klärschlammverordnung (AbfKlärV) ist frei. Eine entsprechende Verordnung (VO) wird voraussichtlich noch im August im Bundesgesetzblatt veröffentlicht. Nach AbfKlärV notifizierte Laboratorien […]
- Die Bauwirtschaft verzeichnet für das Jahr 2016 leicht angestiegene Zahlen bei Arbeitsunfällen. Hintergrund ist die zunehmende Bautätigkeit im Vergleich zum Vorjahr. Konjunktur bereinigte Zahlen zeigen jedoch: […]
ISO 14001:2009 Environmental Management System
With the alarm of global warming and its consequence the human society has become serious about the ecology and its preservation. ISO 14001 EMS helps to maintain the Environment around us, by following certain management standards. Companies adopting ISO 14001 EMS are well placed against their competitors and are duly recognized at the global level.
ISO 14001 standard provides guidance on how to consider multiple aspects of your business procurement, storage, distribution, product development, manufacturing, etc.- so that it reduces its impact on the environment. It also drives you to evaluate how you manage emergency response, customer expectations, stakeholders and your relationships with your local community.
Depending on how your organization operates today, this may not require a lot of change beyond documenting what and how you do or it may mean a number of changes that can result in a more efficient business, cost or waste reductions and give stakeholders peace of mind.
Environmental regulations are getting stricter, and so is the law enforcement. Customers and shareholders increasingly demand that businesses diminish the environmental impact from their business, demonstrate what they do, and how they improve. An Environmental Management System helps your organization to be in control of and successfully manage the most significant environmental aspects, e.g. emissions, waste-handling, utilize natural resources, and energy-efficiency.
An ISO 14001 implementation and certification proves that your Environmental Management System has been measured against a best practice standard and found compliant.
Benefits of ISO 14001
- Improved environmental performance led by top management commitment
- Cost savings can be achieved through improved efficiencies in energy and water usage and through waste minimisation
- Reduced risk of pollution incidents and other releases to the environment and therefore avoidance of unnecessary clean up costs and/or enforcement action by regulatory bodies
- Compliance with legislation through the identification of new legislation in adequate time to address appropriate issues
- Reduced risk of non-compliance with legislation and subsequent costs/prosecution
- Improved brand image as customers will see an organisation that is in control of its impact on the environment
- Improved business focus and communication of environmental issues
- Improved profitability through costs reductions and improved customer satisfaction